Senior Procurement Officer
In this role, you will be key in the delivery of end to end category management, procuring requirements in line with business objectives and category strategy. You will be accustomed to EU regulations and will be a sophisticated stakeholder engager.
The client is a very well-known, established public sector organisation.
The successful Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing end to end tender processes from requirement, building specifications, evaluation and contract award
- Undertake the development, review and negotiation of large, complex contracts, ensuring the delivery of the commercial pipeline
- Deliver supplier cost reduction targets from new and existing contracts, identifying increased efficiencies and process improvements
- Ensure contract performance and risk management
- Provide expert commercial support to key stakeholders
- Deliver commercial support utilising the organisation's eProcurement tool
- Managing relationships with stakeholders and confidently leading dialogue with these stakeholders throughout the procurement process
- Proactively engage with supplier base for innovation and influence best practise on procurement processes
The successful Senior Procurement Officer will have the following experience:
- Strong experience conducting complex procurement activities in a public sector environment
- Accustomed to delivering complex, business critical procurement projects
- Accustomed to supporting OJEU tender processes from specification to award
- Contract management experience
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- MCIPS or similar is desirable but not essential
In return, you will receive a basic salary of up to £38000 dep. on skills and experience.