The Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing supplier costs and contracts and assisting in the scheduling of materials and processing within the manufacturing environment. The Strategic buyer will be responsible for developing and implementing a commodity strategy which guarantees the lowest cost of acquisition and security of supply for materials required by the company to fulfil customer orders.
Manufacturing organisation based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
- Ensure health & safety compliance to legal and company requirements.
- Deliver the best total acquisition cost for the business.
- Deliver New Product introduction (NPI) supplier, part availability and quality stability for launch.
- Work to minimise the 7 wastes - Defects, Overproduction, Transportation, Waiting, Inventory, Motion, Processing
- Ensure the supply base operates full compliance with current policies and procedures in the areas of Quality and Product Certification, and where necessary driving through process improvements to meet changing business needs.
- Deliver supplier quarterly business reviews for all A Class suppliers.
- Develop strategic sourcing plans.
- Carry out periodic reviews with suppliers to ensure that they satisfy the ongoing requirements of the company, and that the company is contractually protected from predictable problems
- Deliver continuous improvement actions and run improvement workshops with the SQE.
- Simplify the supply chain process to address the company simplification targets.
- Deliver 'ZERO' stoppages and downtime from the manufacturing cells.
- Use data analysis to drive continuous improvement and deliver savings to the business.
- A manufacturing purchasing professional with experience of supplier QCD management.
- Track record of delivering results within a challenging supply chain environment.
- Able to problem solve
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Able to gain support from others through persuasion.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Data driven.
- Management of suppliers through KPI's, whilst delivering business efficiency & cost improvements.
- A good delegator with the ability to build a high capability team, focused to deliver excellence in their products.
- Broad engineering background re: supplier quality.
- Experience in Supply Management
- A proficient negotiator who is able to obtain the best arrangements for the company.
- Ability to work using initiative and make reasoned decisions, as well as an excellent team player.
- An organised approach to work and ability to juggle competing priorities to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive change management attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good KPI management skills.
£35,000 - £45,000 + package