Category Specialist, Professional Services | Leading Healthcare Organisation | Surrey
4 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to broaden your knowledge and experience of indirect categories? Would you like to be an integral member of an exceptional procurement team managing a spend of £350 million? Are you a buyer with indirect experience looking to progress your career and take greater category ownership?
This would be an excellent opportunity for anybody looking to learn from an experienced, structured procurement team with clear progression pathways. Health and wellbeing are at the heart of their culture, providing a free gym membership to the entire team for a gym of your choosing. You will also have the opportunity to partake in numerous training courses as personal development is highly valued by the organisation. As a Category Specialist you will be able to use your end to end procurement knowledge and apply it to engage stakeholders, negotiate and achieve your cost savings targets.
- You will manage and take ownership of an area of spend within the professional services category, managing and developing stakeholder relationships, representing business categories in meetings, and understanding strategic business requirements.
- As part of a larger team you will support the Category Manager in developing sourcing strategies to deliver overall category savings targets.
- You will demonstrate leadership skills to confidently manage yourself and your category, demonstrating strong communication and negotiation skills through presentations to stakeholders and the wider team.
- You will gain a broad business understanding with visits to hospitals and gyms to understand business needs.
Skills & Requirements:
- End to end procurement experience, preferably with specific category exposure and/or management expertise.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- An experienced negotiator who can draw upon business requirements and strategise to develop fact-based negotiation plans and deliver them to internal stake holders and the procurement team.
- Preferably relevant experience of working in cross functional/business unit teams to deliver procurement projects.
- Degree preferred but not essential.
- Ideally CIPS qualified or training towards.
Are you a buyer or Category Manager with previous experience within indirect categories? If you’d like to join an accomplished procurement team then please apply with your CV today or contact Lucy on 01962 869838 to discuss this fabulous opportunity further.
Apply for Category Specialist, Professional Services | Leading Healthcare Organisation | Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly