Head of Distribution
A Head of Distribution is required for our growing client based in London.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and retailer, operating in a growing market space and experiencing year on year growth.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Head of Distribution will form part of the senior management team who will define and execute the logistics strategy which will support the global business. Based in London, you will have strategic responsibility to drive 'best practice' across the supply chain, delivering projects and a continuous improvement program to support business growth. Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Develop a distribution strategy that will allow the company to keep its competitive edge whilst developing the customer proposition.
- Responsible for 3PL operations ensuing service levels are met in line with cost budgets.
- Project Management, using established project methodologies to execute strategic projects across the business. Managing and monitoring timescales, costs, risks, change control, issues and dependencies; benefit realisation, milestones and outcomes; stakeholders and communications; and budgets. Stakeholder Management: Engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders to meet the project milestones.
- Responsible for the development of the European Supply Chain, defining replenishment routes, sourcing suppliers, mapping linehaul and agreeing commercials.
- Understanding and interpreting Trade customers technical requirements and generating the relevant documentation for export compliance for both air, sea and land shipments.
- Supporting and executing a continuous improvement plan across all areas of the Operation.
- Liaising with the planning department to create and deliver a supply chain across the global operations infrastructure.
- Managing daily KPI reporting for activity and throughputs.
- Identify, analyse and resolve a wide range of issues, providing quick and decisive solutions within the context of existing policies and identify the need for revision or creation of policies.
- Develop policies and procedures for distribution processes in order to ensure optimisation and compliance with standards and regulations.
- Coordinates growth and expansion strategies among multi-departmental levels in support of business growth activities.
The successful Head of Distribution will live within a commuting distance of London and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- A track record in 3PL management; performance, strategy and tenders.
- International logistics experience within a retail environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in delivering distribution strategy within a fast paced operation.
- Previous project management experience.
- A strong commercial understanding and excellent communication skills.
A competitive basic salary and package will be offered to the successful candidate.