4 days left
- Full Time
The Lead Buyer is responsible for the developing and managing the purchasing process across the two sites in UK in order to deliver significant cost benefit to the business cluster and manage supply chain risk. You will provide support and guidance for day to day site purchasing and supply chain activities, ensuring Direct and Indirect site requirements are met with consideration to Cost, Quality and Delivery.
A leading suppliers to a plethora of industries
Lead, support & coordinate supply chain cost reduction initiatives across the business cluster via:
- A structured analysis of historic spend, and an understanding of future requirements.
- A thorough analysis of current supply, and future potential supply possibilities.
- Negotiating better pricing, T's & C's with existing and new vendors
- Engagement of key stakeholders across the businesses, and development of projects and initiatives through an inclusive, team approach - achievement of stakeholder buy-in to changes.
- Ongoing monitoring of the effectiveness of any change.
- Responsibility for the performance of the inbound supply chain into the 2 sites at Tewkesbury & Greenford. In particular, ensure site paper requirements are managed.
- Line management responsibility for the Material Controller/Junior Buyer in ensuring the team approach is delivered to maximise alignment and commercial results
- Provide support to the sites in relation to any purchase and supply chain issues, and escalate as appropriate.
- Review and implement site purchasing processes (procure to py process) to ensure efficient and consistent methods are adopted with best practice shared across the sites.
- Audit site purchases to ensure adherence to group/regional/site supply agreements.
- Ensure key supplier performance is managed in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Gather, analyse and provide site supply chain data to support local, regional and group initiatives.
- Maintain procurement information and contract files specific to the business cluster and region.
- Provide a monthly purchasing update.
- Ensure that early payment and other discounts/rebates are maximised and are being received across the sites.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of purchasing and supply chain management in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Organisational and priority management skills.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office & ERP
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
- Presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects across several locations.