Logistics Project Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Logistics Project Manager - Leading UK Logistics Provider - Leicestershire
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Project Manager within a large scale UK based Logistics company. If you are looking for a progressive environment with a varied workload, you may have found the role for you.
This UK based role is to assist the development of major infrastructure change and improvement within the distribution network of existing and new business wins.
The role will entail : -
- Delivering major site infrastructure change programmes in line with agreed business cases and time lines.
- Responsibility for a variety of projects that will include opening new and re purposing existing operations where appropriate.
- Facilitating and managing senior stakeholders on one to one or through natural work teams.
- Influencing key senior stakeholders to achieve the proposed solution and ensure delivery of the project.
- Full Project budgetary responsibility for the successful completion of multi-million pound change programmes.
- Identifying and delivering the key success factors within Operations, HR, IT, Property and Maintenance that will lead to the effective delivery of critical projects.
- This is a genuinely exciting position that will provide the successful candidate with strong exposure to the strategic thinking that goes into creating a world class Logistics distribution and supply chain network.
- Commutable to Leicestershire
Due to the national nature of the business this role could entail a significant element of UK travel.
The successful candidate for the Logistics Project Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Have worked within a Project role for a minimum of 2+ years
- A positive 'can-do' attitude Ability to evaluate processes and understand where change can improve efficiency within a distribution set up.
- You will have experience of working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships
- You should have excellent inter personal skills be able to communicate at all levels professionally and discreetly
- Analytical with the ability to align development plans to short and longer term objectives
- You must have a proven track record of developing, guiding and engaging a team to deliver exceptional levels of customer service
- You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and effective customer communication is essential
- Experience using Project methodologies would be advantageous (Six Sigma, Prince2, Agile, Waterfall)
- Six Sigma accreditation is preferred although not essential.
- Experience of using MS Project is essential
This position in Leicestershire offers:
- Salary - £40,000 - £50,000
- Company Car
- Company Bonus
- Pensions Scheme
- Holiday package
- Health Care
- Additional company benefits