As Procurement Manager, you will lead your function in working to improve profitability. Your accountability's include; streamline processes, reduce raw material prices and costs and identifying better sources of supply.
The development and performance management of your team is a critical part of this role. As part of our senior management team you will contribute to the wider business, outside your functional expertise
A leading Research and Development and Manufacturer with global reach and an excellent reputation within their market place.
Develop and implement procurement activities in support of the business strategy
Supply chain design appropriate to product volumes and specifications
Purchase materials, products and services as required in support of business QCD objectives
Continuous Improvement of Supply Chain added value contribution through monitoring of and improvements in supplier QCD KPIs
Definition and implementation of Outsourcing and CDVA programmes to achieve net budgeted cost savings
Coach, train and manage the Buyer team to continually improve their professional capabilities, effectiveness and enjoyment of their role
- Qualified in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management to CIPS level 4 or 5, MCIPS preferred
- Engineering qualifications preferred (Electrical or Mechanical) or significant time in an Engineering purchasing function
- Able to build effective relationships
- MRP skills - SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle any of these are preferred
- Proven track record of Purchasing components in an engineering/production environment
- Low volume, high value background
Salary ranges from £50,000 upwards and is capped at £65,000. Also a car or car allowance is available.