Supply Chain Lead
4 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global organisation who are leaders across multiple fields. This position of Supply Chain Lead will manage a team across multiple locations and allow the successful applicant to work cross-functionally within the business.
Our client have exclusively engaged Michael Page to conduct the recruitment of this position of Supply Chain Lead. Operating for over 100 years this organisation brings food and agricultural products to people who need them all around the world. Today, this business serves customers worldwide and have over 140,000 employees.
The key responsibilites of this Supply Chain Lead will include:
- Accountable to define, coordinate and execute the short, medium and long term schedule to supply production plants and to deliver to customers on time and in full
- To consider in and outbound production, logistics, storage capacity, contracts and execution and cost constraints
- Identify areas for improvement and lead projects related to cost efficiency
- Forecast the best route and identify gaps in the supply chain that impact plants, assets and customers and propose alternatives to minimise costs
- Provide guidance to execution, logistics, customer service and commercial teams on planning in relation to planning prospects, inventory and storage capacity
- To proactively make recommendations to the commercial team on the impact of the supply chain on the budget
- Manage a supply chain team to resolve any issues that impact the supply chain (supply and demand, weather, environmental regulation)
- Accountable for the recruitment, development, engagement of colleagues and accountable for team budget
- Ensure supply chain key performance indicators are reviewed and analysed (mainly on planning forecasts and supply chain costs) - champion a data-driven decision making approach.
- Ensure all import and export execution is in line with country customs and government regulations
- Guarantee service providers are in compliance with food safety, customer requirements and regulations
- Review contract execution terms are correct and completed in a timely manner
- Supervise vessel/ shipping documents and make sure risk exposure is minimised
- Lead the team through organisational and work-related changes, e.g. SAP implementation.
- Manage the team within the office, as well as manage part of the team from a distance (based in the Netherlands).
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Supply Chain Lead will have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent academic qualification in a relevant subject (desirable)
- Proven experience in working in a supply chain function including supply chain planning and execution
- Demonstrated record of delivering improvements in supply chain planning (e.g. cost savings, service improvement, additional revenue creation)
- Experience in a food or commodity based supply chain would be advantageous
- Knowledge of integrated supply chain processes
- An understand of production and quality requirements
- Knowledge of different transport modalities and restrictions
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and work with multifunctional teams and personnel in a multinational, multi-cultural environment
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in Dutch would be an advantage
- Experience working in a large corporate multinational business would be advantageous but not essential
£45000 - £50000 + excellent benefits