This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing global business which has some exciting plans over the next 3-5 years to develop and build on the turnover of the business. The position of Senior Buyer will be based in Doncaster and be a key aspect to the team.
Our client, based in Doncaster, is a growing global organisation with plans to strengthen their position in the market over the next 3-5 years. After restructuring the business in order to get the best team in place to increase their turnover and global reach even further. The Senior Buyer will be a pivotal position to get involved from bid stage and carry the process through smoothly to completion.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Buyer are to:
- Work closely with bid and delivery teams.
- Develop procurement strategies to support bids to customers and subsequent delivery to mitigate risk.
- Undertake RFQ's, RFI's and evaluation of suppliers response.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Benchmark supplier pricing.
- Report to senior management on supplier performance as required.
The successful Senior Buyer will have:
- Substantial project procurement management.
- Experience of tendering and managing commercial performance of a project.
- Experience of strategic sourcing and managing supplier relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office.
Competitive salary £35-40, 25 days holiday + bank holidays.