Logistics Shipping Controller
4 days left
- Full Time
I am currently recruiting for a Logistics Shipping Supervisor with experience in multi-modal freight to North America, Europe or the Far East. I am recruiting for a permanent opportunity in the wider Derbyshire area.
My client is a world-renowned manufacturing and shipping business with strong links to the Japanese and Chinese markets. They are currently expanding their Derbyshire based operation and required both an interim and permanent candidate to join them in their growth. You will be able to lead a small and growing team within a dynamic office environment.
As a Logistics Shipping Controller you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Managing a small team of 3 shipping co-ordinators and finance administrators.
- Organising and arrange up to 2000 ocean, road and air freight shipments per month
- Managing bookings and receipt from customers to arranging collection and booking cargo with carriers.
- To gather and negotiate quotations from suppliers in an effective and efficient manner.
- To generate export booking confirmations/import arrival notices - i.e. EUR1, Letter of Credits, Commodity Codes.
- To manage all agents, customers and freight forwarders in line with expectation.
- To prepare all documentation for import and export clearance and tracking entries.
- To work on a culture on continuous improvement within the business and expand current practice.
- To handle all dangerous goods shipments.
The successful candidate will be a Logistics Shipping Controller reporting directly into the UK Logistics Manager. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- 2+ years in either Ocean, Road or Air Freight Shipping.
- Ideally strong experience in exports, however import experience will be considered.
- Experience moving large volumes of goods - i.e around 2000 shipping containers per month.
- History of operation within the Far East or American markets.
- A candidate with prior freight forwarding experience would be beneficial.
- Experience with HAWB, MAWB, EUR1, Commity Codes, Letter of Credit and Shipping Bills of Lading.
- Commutable to the Derbyshire area.
The following would be desirable:
- IATA - Dangerous Goods by Air Certified
- IMDG - Dangerous Goods by Sea Certified