Warehouse Operations Supervisor - Nights
1 day left
- Full Time
I am actively looking to engage candidates for an exciting opportunity within the Castle Donnington area of Derbyshire. The opportunity will provide certain career advancement within a multi-national logistics business. Candidates who have a passion and interest in aviation logistics are welcomed.
My client is a market-leading logistics provider focused around the aviation sector. Their site has just undergone rapid expansion into the world of logistics automation with over a £5 million investment. Due to this investment influx they are now looking for Operations Supervisors to join them managing their predominantly night shift based opportunity. You will have access to rapid progression within the business and a world renowned training and development scheme.
- Manages, oversees, and performs supervisory tasks associated with warehousing and distribution including: picking, packing, shipping, receiving, labeling, loading/unloading.
- Provides customer support for logistics problems. Coordinates transportation of customer materials to and from the Hub/Gateway facility. Manages inbound shipment receipt and inventory control, warehousing, customs control, and outbound shipment preparation and dispatch
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer inventory and warehouse staff
- Coordinates with station, regional management and service centers regarding development and retention of customer base. Develops, recommends and implements process and procedure improvements for service delivery to the customer. Provides customized solutions for customers in the areas of warehousing, inventory control and analysis, transportation, and technical support
- Responsible for the Key Performance indicators and ensures budget targets are met
- Supervises unionized staff; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
- Additional responsibilities include grievance administration, conflict resolution, mentoring and consistent application of disciplinary actions in accordance with Company policy.
- Managing a team of 20+ warehouse sortation colleagues.
The successful Warehouse Operations Supervisor will fulfil one of two roles based within the Sortation or Loading based operations. You will work across a weekly rota consisting of 4x 10 hours shifts either Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday. You will ideally have the following skills and ambitions:
- A passion for aviation and/or logistics.
- The desire to thrive and succeed across a nights based operation.
- 3+ years experience within a logistics warehousing operation.
- Ideally experience within parcels sortation or FMCG's.
- Ex-military candidates are encouraged, especially those with a Logistics Aviation remit (i.e RAF/RLC/AAC)
- Health & Safety experience - IOSH / NEBOSH
- Desirably degree educated - (BA/BSc/BEng/etc)
- Experience managing logistics teams upwards of 15+ employees
- Any management qualifications are beneficial - E.g. ILM - Leadership & Management.
- Commutable within the wider Derbyshire area.