Global Category Manager - Life Sciences
French Speaking Global Category Manager Required!
Your new company
A global pharmaceutical company.
Your new role
Your mission as Global Purchasing Category Leader is to be in charge of setting up, communicating and implementing a Category Sourcing Strategy in alignment with Business customers and Business strategies, and that delivers added value to the business. You will contribute to the strategic development of your portfolio and will ensure the robust delivery through clear and measurable benefits.
- Implement category and sourcing strategies and take the responsibility for the supplier management plan
- Identify improvements to be targeted (for ex : by category and risk analysis, sourcing process )
- Prepare and execute negotiations, aligned with business objectives (for ex : time to market, best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) )
- Ensure that all the key suppliers within the category assigned adhered to company Ethics & Compliance code
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the highest service level
- Share guidelines on category assigned to local buyers
Define the Category Purchasing strategy
- Manage Suppliers relationship of assigned category
- Understand Business objectives and Business strategies.
- Gather and analyse data for assigned category:- category external spend; - market, market capabilities, market innovation and market players profiles; - identify internal & external purchasing constraints & risks; - assess purchasing opportunities/levers;
- Establish governance structure and recommend related local purchasing organization
- For assigned Category: Define Purchasing strategy with strong collaboration of the Business.
- Develop or improve category management tools (ex : tool kits, RFP templates…).
- When relevant, translation of Global category strategy into local strategy
- Contribute to Global Purchasing Network targets.
Implement the Category purchasing strategy and measure category management success
- Sourcing: identify suppliers segmentation and qualify suppliers for category assigned.
- Set up Global agreements : Perform RFPs, perform suppliers evaluation and selection through the following criteria:- negotiated price, - risk mitigation management, - contribution to improve purchasing process - contribution to improve business contribution to bring to a competitive advantage - contractual commercial terms and conditions negotiation
- Manage Global agreements follow-up from supplier performance perspective.
- When relevant, set up a preferred vendors list for assigned category
- Communicate, ensure and assess the use of preferred vendors list
- Perform Supplier Relationship Management: build objectives & strategy, monitor improvement plans and assess suppliers, according the planning of SRM program.
- Report timely purchasing projects to measure KPIs
- Present roadmap, activities and progress to Business.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will require 70 - 80% of your time travelling to Europe / US to maintain control and contract with key stakeholders for projects and objectives set by the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master degree in management with specialization in purchasing.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in purchasing, preferably in an international environment
- Proven success in delivering competitive advantage to the business and in leading projects
- Experience in negotiation in cross functional and cross market teams
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management and supplier relation management
Language: Fluent in English and French
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.