Your new company:
A local SME manufacturing company supplying into aerospace are currently seeking an experienced production planner to join their team due to company expansion and growth.
Your new role Working alongside the two currently well established and long serving planners, you will take on production planning responsibility while dealing directly with customers and suppliers. Core responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain production orders in line with demand, material availability and production constraints.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the company's internal and external customers.
- Create reports detailing manufacturing and capacity requirements for the plant to meet the demands of the business
- Review customer amendment and expedite requests (including changes to delivery dates and order content) and co-ordinate with customer service and production to implement and communicate changes
- Review engineering changes and take the necessary actions to communicate changes to production
- Maintain material master record fields appropriate to the supply chain functions
- Ensure proper and professional commercial engagement at all times
- Perform other specific and general duties as required and agreed
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will have previous production planning experience from a complex, multicomponent environment relatable to automotive or aerospace. This is a made-to-order environment rather than batch manufacturing process and as such, made-to-order planning experience will be greatly beneficial. We are seeking a pro-active, forward thinking individual who handles pressure well and has the ability to think on their feet. Due to the customer facing g elements of the role, being an excellent communication who is extremely personable is essential. This is a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and so you must have the ability to quickly react and think on your feet as well as adapting to the needs of the business and the customers.
What you'll get in return:
You will be working in nice offices amongst a lovely team. While this is a permanent role, you will paid on an hourly basis to ensure you are rewarded for any dedication to the company. Working closely with the Managing Director, this is a varied and stimulating role.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.