Procurement Category Manager - Global
Procurement Category Manager - Global Construction - Surrey - £55k - Global Environment - Quick Progression - £48K + Car + Package
A fantastic opportunity has been made available for a talented Procurement Category Manager with a background in Directs. The successful Category Manager will oversee a large spend in all areas of direct, covering areas ranging from sourcing raw materials through to maintenance, whilst implementing new strategies for business development and ways of distributing cost. The autonomy that comes with this role is what makes it so unique, the successful Procurement Category Manager will be given the freedom to heavily influence different areas of the procurement function within a global firm.
Based in several areas around the UK, this role also comes with an exceptional package; catered to ensuring staff satisfaction and a positive work/life balance with travel expenses are also covered. This role also offers the potential for real progression. Working closely with senior members of the firm and in a friendly and developmental environment the successful Procurement Category Manager will be given the chance to grow within the company.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a large spend across all direct sub-categories
- Develop new strategies for business development and reporting to senior members as to how the company may take advantage of them.
- Negotiate, and create relationships with, internal & external suppliers whilst developing a strong network for each particular market.
- Use computer processes that are currently in place, looking at each entire category and generating savings across them.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - ensuring a positive working relationship is in place.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of managing a large spend and delivering savings
- History of negotiating with the ability to influence decisions in your favour
- Good communication skills with past experience managing supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Friendly, driven person looking to maintain high standards and set an example for self as well as others
- Manufacturing background preferable
- Driving license
- IT literate, ability to use computer systems
If you are interested and feel you have the relevant skills and experience please contact Emily at JOBSEFK@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words:- Procurement, Direct, Raw Materials, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Pharmaceuticals, Category Manager, Greenfield, FTSE100, Construction, Buyer, Senior Buyer