Senior Category Manager - Milk Purchasing
A leading FMCG business require a Senior Category Manager for milk to join their buying team. This role will be responsible for working on the current milk portfolio, sourcing alternative milk suppliers and driving cost savings on both milk and packaging.
A leader in their industry this FMCG business are investing extensively in a specific area of their business of which Milk plays a fundamentally important part.
- To be responsible in providing purchasing agreements to budget and that T&C's for the milk category to be signed off throughout the internal process
- To support the Commercial team including Buying & Marketing to ensure the team is integrated within the stakeholders, supporting the current and new processes that need to be in place with Production sites, Supply Chain and 56 depots for milk.
- To develop and execute clear plans with targets for the Milk Category.
- To develop own label milk ranges sales for both Organic and Free Range.
- To work with Production, Supply Chain and Suppliers to investigate daily out of stocks report and take corrective action to aim for 100% availability
It is essential to have:
* Minimum 5 years purchasing experience.
* Minimum 3 years SAP or equivalent experience / knowledge.
* Demonstrable Project management experience.
* Experience within a multi-site / international business.
* A proven track record in category & project management
* Advanced Excel skills
* Demonstrable supplier management experience.
* Demonstrable legal contractual management skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* A solid understanding of supply chain processes
* Must be a dynamic and action orientated character who is able to deliver tangible results.
A competitive salary and package