Lead Procurement Manager
Lead Procurement Manager
£60,000-£70,000 DOE + attractive bonus + benefits + career average pension scheme
Creating a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment
Radioactive Waste Management’s mission is to deliver a geological disposal facility (GDF), and provide radioactive waste management solutions. The GDF will safely isolate the nation’s higher activity radioactive waste deep underground in a highly engineered, multi-billion pound facility – providing a permanent solution.
We are now seeking a Lead Procurement Manager to provide authoritative advice to the RWM Board and Executive on strategic and operational commercial matters in support of the implementation of the GDF programme.
- Provides input to and scrutiny of commercial strategy development
- Develops and maintains a robust framework of good governance and commercial control
- Develops and manages the pipeline of procurement activities and procurement plan in support of the annual budget process
- Provides day-to-day commercial evaluation of contractual arrangements and support to underpin business case analysis
- Manages and develops commercial staff
- Educated to good first degree standard
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Senior procurement and contract management experience gained, ideally, in both the private and public sectors
- Significant commercial, operational and people management experience
- Proven ability to analyse complex issues, develop strategic solutions and manage complex projects
- Diplomatic and persuasive communication and negotiation skills
With RWM taking forward plans to engage communities on the Geological Disposal project in 2018, we consider this to be a great time to join us and build your skillset in the support of our vital mission.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter quoting reference RWM/LPM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 26th March 2018. Applicants must have the on-going right to work in the UK.
RWM is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive workplace.
Apply for Lead Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Supply chain Public Sector Specialist jobs in £80,000 - £99,999