Leading the supplier management activities across a national business in relation to the businesses strategic accounts. Drive collaboration between the business and suppliers to maximise value to the business and ensure that there is minimised risk.
My client plays a pivotal role in there area of the utilities market, ensuring that there is no over supply and that the end customer is getting the service they deserve.
The key responsibilities in this role are:-
- Actively manages and communicates contractual risk, and recording and regularly monitoring all risks related to the delivery of the supplier contract
- Ensure the best contractual/commercial levers are being used to obtain the most favourable outcome for the business
- Preparation and management of 3rd party spend budgets.
- Ensures commercial optimisation of the contract and negotiation of commercial changes with the relevant supplier.
- Ensures proper monitoring of the contracts and initiates actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
- Report performance and continuous improvement status' ensuring that they provide a value for money service in terms of; standards, quality, efficiency, safety, performance and cost effectiveness.
- Develops effective partnerships within the business. Advises and influences the business regarding the operational appropriateness, service levels and cost effectiveness of current and potential various components
The successful candidate will:-
- Identifies and meets the needs of internal and external customers, being continually focused on outcomes and improvements in performance.
- Thinks through situations of varying degrees of complexity and ambiguity, in order to understand them clearly, bringing facts and ideas together, to develop innovative or creative insights and solutions.
- Works cooperatively as part of a team and collaboratively with peers, internally and externally. Valuing the input of others, and actively bringing people together to resolve problems.
- Focuses on assessing, measuring and improving performance and the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Shows drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a business that gives its employees to work in a great environment where you are trusted to manage your own workload and given exposure to breadth of different business areas.