Procurement- Food Buyer
Procurement- Food Buyer- FTSE 100 Food and Beverages Company - London/ Middlesex - £35,000-£45,000 + Fast-tracked Progression
Household name in the Food and Beverages Industry is looking for a direct procurement specialist to join their world-class procurement function as a Food Buyer. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing procurement function, and take the next step in your career. The role will involve buying specific foods in a procurement function with spends of over £1billion whilst gaining extensive global exposure.
As Food Buyer you will:-
* Hone both your strategic and operational procurement skills whilst delivering sourcing projects to meet the needs of the business, primarily but not limited to the purchasing of ingredients, meats, and vegetables
* Be exposed to senior level stakeholders both internally and externally, whilst working cross-functionally with different parts of the business emphasising the importance of Procurement
* Have the opportunity to travel both within the UK and Internationally to engage with suppliers and stakeholders and help solve any potential issues
* Report to, and learn from, a Senior Buyer with a view to progressing to that level within 12-18 months
* Take personal responsibility of contracts up to £1 million in value
* Evidence of strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills, ideally within the Food and Beverages industry
* Some experience of exceeding cost savings expectations within direct procurement, preferably purchasing Ingredients, Meats, or Vegetables
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills showcased in your degree or previous role(s)
* Degree + CIPS (beneficial but not essential)
If you are an ambitious direct procurement specialist then this role, within a rapidly growing procurement function which is striving to be best-in-class, could be the perfect one in which to take the next step in your career!
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsDA@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key Skills: procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, stakeholder management, negotiation, SRM, contract management, procurement consultancy, direct procurement
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/bramwithProcure