Freight and export team leader
My client is a global exporter, who due to growth are looking to on board an experienced freight forwarder. You will have a strong knowledge and understanding of export, air, sea and road freight and all customs documentation. As a team leader you will be an escalation point and a take a senior role on the team but will not have direct management responsibilities.
Global Export Distribution
- Work accurately and efficiently to departmental processes, to ensure that system shipping exactly corresponds to physical shipments made each day.
- Some management of large data sets.
- Work with other teams to coordinate data requirements and timely execution of exports.
- Process air freight and sea freight shipping requests.
- Highlight opportunities for optimising and improving our offering.
- Have an awareness of how export IT systems work and know how to respond in the event of system failure.
- Execute daily departmental records maintenance and filing tasks as supporting evidence for auditors.
- Carry out ad hoc requests as required.
- Understanding of Logistics and EXPORT processes.
- Some international trade experience, preferably within import, export or customs compliance.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Capable of effective prioritisation.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel/ Word), as well as a basic knowledge of SAP or similar.
- Able to be responsible for your own targets.
- Work effectively in a team to ensure departmental targets are achieved.
- Able to be flexible and respond positively to change.
A salary between £27,000 and £30,000