- Role based within a leading 3PL company, multi-user environment based in Gloucester.
- Supporting the General Manager to consistently achieve service excellence.
A well-established, household name within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector. A company that continually strives for excellence across all areas, exceeding customer expectations with industry-leading knowledge. They are looking to recruit a forward-thinking, process-driven and exceptional Warehouse Manager to develop the team to strive for service excellence.
The key responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector to be based in Gloucester include:
- Manage, mentor and coach direct reports in the creation of a successful and effective warehouse team providing clear direction as appropriate.
- To work within agreed budgetary limits ensuring strict cost control and spend to agreed levels.
- To be accountable for ensuring company and depot operating metrics are met including warehouse productivity, vehicle loading and unloading, pick rates and stock counts.
- Constantly test and review operational processes to ensure best practice at all times.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- To provide effective resource planning and a ferocious attention to detail in ensuring work load organisation and management to meet operational KPI's
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure that all audits, legal standards are met and exceeded
- Ensures legal compliance of the site.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- To be a recognised expert in warehouse and logistics operations with past success in a similar environment
- Profit and Loss accountability and Cost Modelling.
The ideal Warehouse Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- An enthusiastic and tenacious leader with demonstrable experience of developing a high performing team
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and wider management teams.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at senior levels.
- The flexibility to adapt and manage change.
- Continually asses existing processes and utilising continuous improvement methods to improve efficiencies and productivity.
- To work at pace and prioritise a varied and demanding workload
- Financial understanding and cost management
- Multi-user warehouse management experience
- Transport Management.
The role of Warehouse Manager is offering a salary of £35,000.