Head of Procurement
Experienced Procurement Manager required for our manufacturing client in London to drive procurement transformation across Indirect & Direct spend - implementing better practice procurement procedures & processes to support business growth & expansion.
An excellent opportunity as Head of Procurement to work in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries, with one of the top companies. You will be a self-starter, leading a small team and responsible for developing overall Procurement strategy for both Indirect & Direct spend to maximise effectiveness and minimise cost - primary focus on Raw Materials, Ingredients & Packaging etc
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of overall strategy/approach to Procurement for the company and drive the organisation and processes along this strategy.
- Managing procurement spend – both indirect and direct spend to maximise effectiveness and minimise cost through negotiation, SLA’s, contracts and ongoing management.
- Effectively managing new and ongoing business relationships with Suppliers and service providers and ensuring they meet or exceed the needs of the company (including implementing Supplier Relationship Management techniques).
- Ensuring supplier resilience and continuity by identifying and maintaining alternative suppliers for all direct and indirect spend areas
- Managing the supplier renewal and acquisition for example drafting and negotiation of RFQ’s, sub-contracts, contract amendments and other agreements ensuring they meet the requirements of the business and minimise risk and cost. Conduct supplier approvals and audits.
- Continually seeking ways to improve procurement performance, including internal processes/ actions and managing the supplier to be a high performing supplier and drive procurement costs down where appropriate
- Monitoring the health of the Supplier base and identifying risks associated with the supplier base.
- Ensuring the company’s commercial position is protected and improved where possible at all times.
- Supporting cost reduction activities, undertaking risk management and change management within the delivery team to maximise commercial benefit
- Promoting best practice and functional excellence
Ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong proven track record of working in a fast growing environment and establishing effective Procurement structure, processes and decision-making;
- Previous Consumer goods experience & ideally packaging;
- Excellent and demonstrable procurement skills – strong in all aspects of the procurement process;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with dynamic, complex situations, and the confidence to effectively influence senior stakeholders;
- Strong contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions to maximise the benefit;
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
- Self-starter, resilient and tenacious under pressure; someone who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Keen analytical mind and strong Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Strong Educational background to Degree level, with demonstrated achievement.
- CIPS or formal procurement qualification
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.