Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant will support the Purchasing and Procurement department with sourcing, negotiating and stock control of raw materials, packaging and ingredients.
Our client our one of the largest wholesale providers in the FMCG industry within the UK. Manufacturing and distribution is all done from their site in Kent.
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant will source, negotiate, purchase and control stock for the business while completing any other ad-hoc duties requested by the Purchasing and Procurement department.
- Supplier liaising and relationship management
- Recording all supplier, product and pricing details and ensuring they remain up to date
- Data analysis and planning to improve order efficiency and accuracy
- Monitoring stock levels and ensuring adequate levels are maintained
- Sourcing secondary suppliers for product when the need arises
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Assistant will be able to demonstrate:
- Good IT skills, proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service skills
- First class degree
Competitive annual salary plus benefits