4 days left
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
Exciting Opportunity: Buyer for Crane and plant hire firm, Long Crendon
Summary of Role
GGR Group Ltd is seeking a proactive and highly motivated individual to work as a key member of the procurement team.
About GGR Group
The GGR Group Ltd is Europe’s leading supplier of vacuum handling equipment, restricted access lifting machinery and mini cranes for the construction, rail and utility sectors amongst others. As a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 business and winner of HAE UK Hire Company of the Year, we are recognized for our first rate customer service, exceptional growth and innovative technology in the plant and equipment industry.
We are a growing business with over 130 employees and we are passionate about delivering great service and a can-do attitude for our large customer portfolio across the UK and Europe. Information about our products and services can be found at www.ggrgroup.com.
To work with the Procurement Manager in defining and implementing best practice procurement and support the company procurement policy.
- To support the group with purchasing capability (Negotiating new contracts and maintaining existing contracts with suppliers to include, sourcing, pricing, and maintenance of contracts)
- To support Procurement Manager in shaping the strategy for supplies and services to the business
- Work with colleagues in developing supplier appraisal systems.
- Develop effective working relationships with key suppliers.
- To work with the Finance team to ensure that agreed terms are achieved, accounted for and that a consistent approach is taken with all suppliers.
- Effectively communicate with all relevant internal functions to ensure that goods and services are fit for purpose, cost savings are identified and changes implemented to achieve these savings.
- Support the Procurement Manager in negotiations as required.
- Prepare, produce and communicate all relevant documentation regarding terms, contractual obligations etc. as specified by the business.
- To ensure that all relevant purchasing/commercial contact details are updated on the relevant systems and data bases.
- Develop and produce Purchasing dashboard for monthly procurement meetings.
The procurement team is a small team, so it’s important for the individual to be prepared to get involved in any activities outside of the above in order to support the overall team.
- Educated to A level or equivalent or of graduate calibre.
- Part Qualified - MCIPS
- Experience of the commercial environment essential
- Purchasing experience is required, ideally from buying a variety of goods and services.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP preferable)
- Strong user of Excel, competent in use of Pivot Tables, V-lookup etc, ability to handle large quantities of raw data and summarise and interpret.
- Experience of supplier performance measurement and management
Working Hours 8am-5.30pm (Monday – Friday)
22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (Increasing with length of service)
3% Pension Contribution Match
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly