This is an opportunity to really put your stamp on a role which will evolve under your ownership. You will manage a small team with the ability to grow headcount.
A manufacturer and supplier in to the Defence industry.
- Define a commodity-based procurement strategy which optimises the cost of procured goods whilst maintaining excellent standards of supplier performance and product quality
- Evaluate and control purchase requisitions to hold minimum inventory required to achieve production programme. This includes considering and defining order policies, order quantities, safety stock, minimums and maximums
- Ensure that stock levels enable stores picking dates can be met in line with production requirements
- Responsible for new supplier selection processes, including RFIs and RFPs, as well as maintaining relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that goods arrive on time, in full and on quality
- Build internal relationships with the Operations Director as well as the rest of the Board to communicate the procurement strategy and report on results
- Define, develop and implement contractual relationships with suppliers, ensuring that appropriate and audit-able standards, controls and governance frameworks are in place
- Be able to quickly define a strategy in order to meet cost, inventory level, supplier performance and quality targets
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills and will have proven background of leading successful negotiations
- Show a clear track record of innovation and being able to think outside of the box in a commercial role
- A self-starter with a strong ability to problem solve
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Formal Lean and other project management training is desirable
- High exposure to outsourcing would be preferable
Salary tops out at £55,000