Procurement Supplier Manager (12 months)
Temporary, contract, procurement, sourcing, category management, FMCG, retail, purchasing, tendering
Your new company
This company are a market leader in the retail sector and have a large procurement team consisting of several product categories. The organisation have ownership of a number of market leading retailers supporting the trade and homeowners alike. Their procurement staff are an integral part of the business and have to adopt the most innovative sourcing methods to obtain quality and sustainability across their goods.
Your new role
- Works alongside the Category Lead to ensure all product sourcing projects are managed within agreed scopes with key Quality, Time & Cost measures clearly agreed.
- Understand the manufacturing process, cost structure and timelines for all of current sourcing projects being delivered
- Plans the negotiations of commercial terms to improve price competitiveness, deliver margin gains, improve payment terms, and reduce stocks at destination
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in supplier management and tendering process
- Ability to collaborate with suppliers and guide through compliance procedures
- Basic core negotiations skills
- Passion for products with the desire to innovate / design and articulate purchase strategy
- Technical knowledge and analysis to basic support negotiation arguments and strategy building
- Strong I.T. technical skill with relevant commercial experience
- CIPS desirable
What you'll get in return
Competitive package, opportunity for development / permanent contract, free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Supplier Manager (12 months)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly