The Transport Supervisor will deliver the great service through effective day to day management and engagement drivers and clerks. The role holder is responsible for creating an effective and positive working environment, which supports the delivery of the transport KPIs.
A market leader in the UK with a key DC in North West England.
The role of the Transport Supervisor:
- Drives continuous KPI improvement through the delivery of effective driver feedback.
- Manages schedule adherence through effective driver management.
- Delivers effective people management and continuous development of colleagues through feedback and coaching.
- Creates and sustains effective working relationships within transport, building a climate where colleagues feel valued and engaged.
- Displays and drives within the team our values and leadership behaviours.
- Upholds the delivery of a positive IR climate liaising with the trade union to facilitate good working relations and practices.
- Ensures that all site and company legislative processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Manages the delivery of our transport KPI's through effective use and interpretation of reports.
- Promotes effective, and timely two way communication with colleagues and managers.
- Reviews activity and resource in line with the transport plan, ensuring that this information is fed back into the planning function.
- Works within the financial constraints of the transport budget.
- Ensures that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Conducts department safety monitoring (PAT tours) and ensures that colleagues health and safety and legislative training is up to date.
The Successful Transport Supervisor will be/have:
- Management CPC qualification
- Customer focused
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Coaching and performance management skills
- Influencing skills
- Analytical skills and ability to plan ahead
- Results orientated
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced ever-changing environment
- Previous transport or distribution experience
Salary: £28k - £30k per annum + bonus + great benefits package
Hours: 3 shift rotating pattern (06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 22:00 / 22:00 - 06:00) weekend work can be expected