Lead Procurement Manager - Technology
Do you have the drive, passion & expertise as Lead Category Manager – Technology to a lead small procurement team & deliver change through the development & delivery of best practice IT/Technical strategic sourcing strategies?
Our client a leading UK financial services organisation is looking for a Lead Category Manager – Technology & Change to support them on their journey as they transform the way they manage their supply chain. This is no ordinary procurement role. Procurement are developing strategic relationships with their most important supplier partners based on a “we grow, you grow“ philosophy.
They are looking for a Lead Category Manager – Technology & Change to join their Procurement team based in either Newcastle or Edinburgh. Leading a small team, this role is instrumental in developing an overall sourcing and business partnering approach to support their key stakeholders. This will enable the creation of real value add from the supplier base aligned to their quest to make “Everyone Better Off”.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT procurement professional to join a dynamic team and have significant influence on the development of a rapidly growing company.
More specifically, the role consists of the following:
- Collaborate with the CIO team to apply strategic sourcing approaches to on-going services and strategic investment relating to IT and change projects. (This includes: Mainframe transformation, Hardware, Software, Telecoms, & IT Resourcing).
- Manage and develop the Technology Sourcing Team.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholder colleagues across the business.
- Lead the sourcing process for all high value and/or high risk projects
- Develop deep relationships with key supplier partners promoting collaboration and innovation.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the business to manage and mitigate Supplier Risk
To be successful in the role, you will be a highly skilled procurement professional with a successful track record of strategic and operational delivery of tangible business value. You will have had experience leading teams within the Technology category, developing the value chain and implementing innovative category plans.
In order to lead your team through this demanding phase of development, you will thrive on change and the pace which goes with growth and passionately delivering our client’s agenda. You will have commercial acumen, resilience, credibility, gravitas and confidence to contribute to and challenge the business agenda.
Ambiguity will not concern or constrain you and you will possess outstanding emotional resilience and relationship building skills, which will enable you to work effectively at all levels of the business.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Buying Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Procurement Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999
- Category management Banking,Finance and Insurance Manager jobs in £80,000 - £99,999