East Midlands Housing Group (emh group) is one of the largest providers of affordable homes and care & support services in the East Midlands. They have almost 19,000 properties in more than 40 local authority areas across the region, and provide care and support to hundreds more customers.
The group is a significant business in the region. They have a turnover of £101.3 million and assets of £682 million. They are a major employer with 1100 staff across the group and invest in building around 400 properties every year, using local contractors and suppliers wherever possible.
This exciting new role of Procurement Manager will provide you with a wide range of interesting of duties and responsibilities. The main function is to provide an effective procurement service to the organisation.
Your new role
- Provide a customer focused procurement service to the business in the delivery of group activities
- Ensure that all procurement activities deliver value for money
- Lead on the development and implementation of a procurement strategy
- Produce an annual and five year procurement plan
- Ensure all tendering processes comply with the procurement strategy and advise on tendering documentation
- Ensure procurement activity complies with OJEU and other legislative requirements
- Control the issuing and approval of group contracts, ensuring the appropriate contract format is used
- Administer and promote procurement software, and train staff when required
- Provide advice to managers in relation to procurement and contract management activity
- Be a member of the senior management team
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally you will be MCIPS - or qualified by experience
- Three years experience of tendering and procuring large contracts
- Contract negotiation experience and contract performance monitoring
- Able to deliver a customer focused service
- Understanding of OJEU requirements
- Ideally public sector procurement experience
- Housing sector experience would be desirable
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary of up to £41, 137, with a pay increase pending in April
- Car Allowance of £4859
- 35 hours per week including flexi-time hours working
- 34 days holiday, including bank holidays, rising annually to 39 days at 5 years service
- Option to earn additional flexi day holidays
- Pension scheme - up to 8% matched
- Annual professional membership subscription fees
A job with emh group is challenging, stimulating and rewarding. They offer a friendly, open environment and encourage professional development among all staff.
emh group are working exclusively with Hays Procurement. Any direct of 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Hays.
Interviews will take place on Monday 9th April 2018. For more information, please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/emh/index.htm
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly