Procurement Buyer (£38k)
1st Executive are currently working with a world class manufacturing client, who are looking for a number of direct buyer professionals to manage the end-to-end procurement within one of their various Buyer Sections. 1st Executive's client requires people at different levels to operate within a team focused buying environment. As a successful candidate you will be responsible for negotiating the costs of a specific commodity part, focusing on manufacturing best practice, VA/VE and exchange rate analysis etc. The Jobholder will also produce a clear New Model strategy for responsible commodity parts, accurate cost reporting and reduction plan for all New Model Design Change gateways.
What the client offer you:
You'll be part of a dedicated procurement team that is split between various sections, each responsible for direct procurement of essential commodities required to enable production of their award winning cars. As a Buyer you will have the opportunity to make large cost savings in a global business and develop skills to unlock these opportunities. You will work closely with a leading engineering business and understand how a product/cost is conceived and matured up to mass production start.
As part of the Procurement and Logistics team you will have the opportunity to work across different sections. You will have the support of some very dedicated procurement professionals and you'll be learning skills that are unique within the Automotive industry. For example; Our attention to detail and continuous improvement programmes often set us apart from other Automotive companies.
As an employee, you will receive a competitive salary negotiable depending on qualifications and relevant level of experience, paid overtime, 25 days holiday, private medical care, discount vouchers, medical and dental plan, generous pension scheme, childcare vouchers and the opportunity to purchase all products at a generously discounted rate.
- Buyer opportunity on a specific commodity to produce clear new model strategy implementation and continuous Mass production cost down.
- Unique opportunity to work directly with Global Procurement & Design on strategy / VA Development.
To be considered for the position of Procurement Buyer, you must have:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Direct category purchasing, procurement and/or buyer experience.
- Ability to provide clear and regular cost reporting to Senior Management.
- Previous purchasing experience at Buyer level within a fast-paced automotive or similar manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage individual tasks in line with specific deadlines. Self-management and daily completion is key.
- Be able to analyse data, input data into structured XL sheets and interpret data to ensure correct input.
- Be detail orientated and always be looking for continuous improvement.
It would advantageous to have:
- Degree in Business related function
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Understand and apply the tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships
- Understanding of how a cost of manufactured part is derived (key cost drivers).