Transport Shift Manager
As Transport Shift Manager for this leading 3PL you will report to the Site Manager. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the shift operations within Transport and ensure the smooth operation by the admin team in the department.
Leading 3PL based in West Yorkshire requires a Transport Shift Manager
As Transport Shift Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership to the depot by effective management of a team to meet all objectives and targets set.
- Ensure effective communications are developed between departments on site and collaborate to ensure a smooth total operation.
- Co-ordinating and prioritising activity across the shift to ensure customer service.
- Achieve KPI's through effective use of resources and management of staff. Meet deadlines set by others for submission of KPI and cost management.
- Planning and co-ordinating the allocation of labour within the shift to meet operational deadlines and controlling overtime, agency and temp staff levels.
- Maintains accurate records and planning holidays for shifts to ensure targets are achieved within the financial costings.
- Taking a proactive approach to ensure grievance/disciplinary matters are resolved by adopting a consistent, fair and thorough approach to the analysis of these issues.
- Controlling sickness/absence through effective use of policies, procedures and management to ensure that labour turnover and absence levels are kept to a minimum by effective leadership and motivation.
- Making optimum use of the resources available on the shift and promoting a flexible approach to delivering business requirements.
- Adhering to Driver Regulations and Drivers Hours Legislation - WTD legislation and Digital tachograph legislation.
- Monitoring and strictly adhering to tractor and trailer services and MOT's - legal compliance and VOSA demands.
- Understanding and managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance, contract and non-contract costs.
- Attend regular meetings with vehicle service providers to ensure cost effective management of provided equipment.
- Manage the departments H&S operations by use of Positive Behaviours and Intervention, IFR's near miss, hazard spotting and Accident Investigation systems.
- Carry out Accident Investigations procedures to a high level of compliance and within set timescales.
Knowledge and Competencies Required:
- GCSE level or equivalent required. Ideally A Level standard of education.
- Previous line management experience - 3rd party logistics preferable.
- Strong commercial acumen and previous exposure to budgets
- Knowledge of Transport Operations and Compliance.
- CPC qualification or industry recognised qualification preferable, i.e, CILT, IOTA, CI Eng.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £38,000 dependent on experience.