Night Shift Manager
Due to the growth a leading 3PL based in the West Yorkshire area requires an experienced Night Shift Manager. The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the warehouse performance on a shift basis and work as part of the management team responsible for maintaining smooth and efficient operations on a day-to-day basis.
Leading 3PL based in the West Yorkshire area requires an experienced Night Shift Manager to join them during an exciting period of growth.
- Continually review all aspects of the operation so that methods, procedures and efficiency can be improved
- Maintain excellent standard of hygiene and housekeeping
- Ensure that all site rules and regulations are adhered to and that all accidents are investigated and reported accordingly
- Ensure hazard spotting is carried out and documented
- Responsible for conducting disciplinary action up to and including Dismissals when required to and in accordance with the company's Policies and Procedures
- Constantly review internal and external best practice and develop future solutions for agreement and implementation within the warehouse operation
- Ensure all reports required by both the customer and the operation are completed and communicated in a timely and accurate manner
- Constantly exploring new processes to increase productivity
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing)
- A good level of numeracy
- An understanding of current of Health & Safety regulations
- Understanding of basic employment law
- IT skills (MS Office)
- Warehouse Management Systems Red Priaire (desirable)
- An Innovative with a positive and pro-active approach to change
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative, organise own workload
- Able to motivate team
- Creative approach to problem solving and to thinking 'outside the box'
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to working with changing demands (including shift patterns)
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £36,000 dependent on experience. The typical shift pattern will be Sunday - Thursday 10pm - 6.30am however some flexibility is required.