Category Manager-Global Financial Services Firm
This globally renowned financial services firm has earnt its success from relentlessly offering the highest quality of service, support, advice and products to its clients across a range of platforms from a personal level to business and commercial levels. This company is searching for a remarkable indirect services procurement professional with a background in consultancy to head their indirect services category and team whilst implementing innovative sourcing strategies and leading internal improvement projects.
This category manager role specifically requires a professional with the business acumen gained from explicit procurement consultancy experience to unleash their expertise to drive change within a pre-established procurement function. This role will capitalise on your knowledge and capabilities of front-end procurement sourcing, from market analysis and implementation of new sourcing strategies to the optimisation of current strategies and conducting the whole tender process including negotiations. You'll initially be involved with the suppliers, acting as the communication channel between both the client and the required suppliers during the tender process, representing the client to negotiate and obtain the best possible price and service terms. Working with your two direct reports on a total spend of around £1Mil, you will lead internal improvement projects, develop new client relationships and identify new business prospects with pre-established clients.
Require Skills and Experience
- Substantial consulting experience optimising and implementing strategies to optimise processes and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to use initiative to analyse situations to reach solutions that best benefit the client.
- Demonstrable experience in the articulation of key sourcing strategies that challenge pre-existing decisions whilst also supporting the client's requirements
- Prior indirect category experience, specifically in HR, IT, FM, Marketing or Professional/Corporate services.
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to apply prior consultancy experience to an in-house procurement function to transform and optimise pre-existing processes.
- The ability to use your expertise to become an asset to one of the UK's leading financial services firm.
- To put your procurement lifecycle skills, stakeholder and supplier management skills to the test, by recognising, sourcing, negotiating and pitching best value solutions against pre-existing decisions.
A management opportunity within such an esteemed company does not come around often. With a clear and structured progression path, a national remit and a supportive team orientated environment, this is a role that needs to be explored. If you would like to know more about this role or apply directly for the position, click Apply now or send your CV directly to the team at jopsDP@bramwithconsulting.co.uk