A fantastic Opportunity has arisen to join a staffordshire based manufacturer.
To take on the position of Buyer
An innovative Manufacturer
- Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business.
- To challenge existing and new suppliers to maximise margin and value for the benefit of the business.
- Negotiate orders, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Enhance relationships with suppliers and compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Overseeing the company spend and working with departmental managers to identify any potential cost saving activities.
- Facilitating any tenders and ensuring the company are attracting and engaging with the best possible potential supply chain.
- To rationalise supplier base to develop preferred sources of supply to meet the strategic business needs.
- Conduct Value Analysis and support Value Engineering.
- Propose and implement job related process improvements, participate in cross-functional reviews.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the business.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review potential cost reduction activities.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with suppliers and internal departments to deliver business objectives and deadlines.
- Evaluate and support resolution on material quality, price, supply issues, delivery and invoice discrepancies.
- Keep up to date on new developments that influence procurement practices and procedures.
- Experience in materials and sourcing management within a design and/or manufacturing environment.
- Strong track record of negotiating terms and conditions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong planning, organisational, analytical, communication and networking skills are required.
- Numerical and financial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately at all levels.
- SAP also desirable
A competitive Package