General Manager -3PL
- General Manager - Leading 3rd Party Logistics Company
- Warehouse and Transport budget of c£4m
A leading 3PL with a UK Wide presence; a leading employer within the Logistics distribution and supply chain sector based in Gloucester.
Key responsibilities for the General Manager -3PL
- Provide leadership for 3 Direct Reports including an Operations, Warehouse and Transport Manager ensuring service delivery for the site and acting as a key point of contact for the customer with all operational elements.
- Proactively build and sustain multiple customer relationships and where appropriate lead CI activities to support the account
- Give direction and monitor performance ensuring the site runs efficiently and effectively
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures
- Ensure compliance to process and procedures
- Achieve the "best in class" customer operations
- lead the team to achieve greater levels of employee engagement
- matrix manage multiple and complex operations relationships across customer supplier and internal networks
- Ensuring an effective people resourcing take-on plan to meet the growing needs of the business
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- Ensure the operation operates all such systems to the mutual benefit of the customer and the company
- Effectively manage customer relationships throughout all project phases design through to delivery
The successful General Manager -3PL
- Will be a strong leader who will be able to inspire a team with excellent communication skills.
- Will ideally have experience of working for a 3PL
- Be able to maintain effective relationships with customers, focusing on the customer s needs and gaining commitment
- Experience in the automotive or retail sector would be preferred
- Experience of leading a team, performance coaching, large scale employee engagement
- A proven track record of process improvement and change
- Be someone who is forward thinking and proactive approach
A Salary of c£60,000 - £65,000 Company Car, Pension, PHC, Bonus for the successful General Manager -3PL .