New senior position introduced into the warehouse structure. Responsible for the smooth and successful warehouse operation.
Leading 3rd party logistics company.
- To ensure the smooth running of the allocated warehouse shift, ensuring appropriate resources (people, equipment) are available to meet planned activity levels.
- To successfully manage the warehouse operation to fall in line with the warehouse budgets.
- Continuous improvement of the warehouse processes to ensure the warehouse operation is running as effective and efficiently as possible in line with agreed service levels.
- Ensure compliance to all appropriate legislation related to safe conduct of warehouse operations.
- Maintain and enhance effective working relationships with shift supervisors and their staff.
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation and where appropriate implementation, of improvement initiatives within the warehouse.
- Ensure staff work to the processes and procedures relating to the warehouse operation.
- Recruitment of supervisory and operative staff as required.
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Regular communication with shift staff on departmental and shift matters.
Minimum 4 years experience in a distribution environment, of which at least 3 should have been in a warehouse management/supervisory position.
Competitive basic salary.