Your new company
Your next company are a global branded business which work in conjunction with the higher education sector to research, scholarship, and education worldwide.
Your new role
We are seeking a Category Manager (Indirects) to join the Group Procurement team to lead in the delivery of the procurement portfolio/pipeline and associated targets across sourcing and supplier management. You will be required to work across all global divisions and various spend categories which include Supply Chain, Travel, Facilities, HR, and Professional Services. Note that this role has a particular focus on the delivery of Supply Chain associated procurement activities.
- Category scope equating to a value of approximately £130m
- Category scope includes data relating to 3000+ suppliers
Responsibilities will include:
- Management and leadership of a small team
- The timely delivery of specific procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and minimise supply risk (this role will have a particular focus on supply chain/logistics procurement)
- Able to lead negotiations with suppliers and service providers
- Strategic supplier relationship management of key indirects suppliers
- Identifies and involves key stakeholders early and translates their business needs to deliver commercial solutions
- Leads the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Develops project plans and prioritise delivery of a number of simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements
- Builds and maintain strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you will be confident in the follow:
- Conversant and experienced in the application of modern category management tools and techniques, with an ability to develop category strategies to meet stakeholder needs
- Commercial acumen with proficient negotiation skills, with confidence and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations and achieve results
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism and is viewed by internal and external stakeholders as credible and trustworthy
- Self-motivated, results driven, proactive and highly accountable
- Proven team player but can also be relied to work on their own initiative
- Confidently and comfortably operates at a strategic and operational level
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of presentation skills
- Strong and proven interpersonal and organisational skills with ability to handle multiple projects in a challenging and dynamic environment
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly