Transport Solutions Design Manager
Transport Solutions Design Manager - Leading UK FMCG Business - Leicestershire based operation.
A leading FMCG business who operate at a European scale are actively looking for a Transport Solutions Design Manager to join their operation based in Leicester. Whilst currently a very forward thinking business, my client are always looking to develop their operations and take them to the next level.
After experiencing huge investment the business are confidently approaching the next 3 - 5 year strategy and require individuals within their Network Development / Strategy team.
The position will involve the successful candidate to;
- Support the Network Development team with the strategic planning of end to end operations, utilising data to drive continuous improvement, to streamline process and minimise costs.
- Quantify operational & financial costs of alternative Transportation network designs and identify improvement opportunities.
- Deliver innovative, solutions driven design models, using optimisation tools to create what if scenarios 'beyond the data' that appeal to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ongoing risk evaluation of the SC Network considering solutions for contingency planning.
- Continually review data, advising cross functional departments on internal/external trends to ensure we respond to customer demands & changing service level requirements.
- Provide resource planning data and retrospective performance reporting to drive improved resource allocation efficiency's.
- Review site capacity and efficiency utilisation, including product allocation and holding.
- Identify key cost drivers and evaluate disproportionate costs as a % of revenues.
- Understand internal systems and available data sources and keep ahead of external market developments.
- Direct and drive the realisation of planned results and of departmental contributions to cross-sector projects, monitor and decide on allocation of resources/costs to remain within budget restrictions.
- Lead and Manage the European Networks Team.
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop Associates to ensure engagement and realisation of departmental and wider Supply Chain objectives.
- Ability to influence internal and external parties beyond content driven arguments and is able to appeal to and build relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Be commutable to Leicestershire
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Degree educated - Desirable
- Have 2+ years Transport experience (Analyst / Operations / Solutions Design)
- Knowledge of 3PL, Supply Chain trends, market insights and current technologies to enable continuous improvement of current process and methods
- Experience of leading multiple activities and projects across a European scale - Advantageous
- Excel, Access database, Microsoft packages
- Programming Languages or SQL & knowledge of various TMS / IT systems such as AS400, SAP - Advantageous
- Experience of Lean Six Sigma principles
- Customer Focus and Drive for results, Business Acumen, Listening, Motivating Others.
The position of the Transport Solutions Design Manager in Leicestershire offers a competitive package which includes;
- Salary - £35,000 to £45,000
- 15% Bonus
- Company Car
- 25 Days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Family Health Care
- 4 X Death In Service Cover