Hays Procurement have the pleasure of representing a collaborative procurement organisation who provide strategic procurement and commercial support to NHS trusts and commissioners, as well as central health organisations such as the Department of Health and NHS England.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join the team on an interim basis.
Role: Category Manager
Contract: Temporary for 3 months
Start date: ASAP
Purpose: To deliver a strategic procurement service for all participating Trusts on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories and contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets, ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits across the organisation.
- Proactively manages allocated categories
- Develop, implement, monitor and review procurement strategies for allocated categories
- Gathers and analyses comprehensive data on products and suppliers to support portfolio and category analysis
- General supplier relationship management
- Project management of the tendering process from initial scoping through to contract award
- Manage high value strategic sourcing projects
- Identification and management of risk throughout the procurement process
- Maximises use of National and regional contracts
- Continuous analysis and development of service/specification, through benchmarking and contract management
- Implements procurement action in full accordance with law and environmental requirements
- Experienced and proficient in OJEU legislation
If you feel you can add value to this organisation, apply now.