Hays Procurement have the pleasure of representing a collaborative procurement organisation who provide strategic procurement and commercial support to NHS trusts and commissioners, as well as central health organisations such as the Department of Health and NHS England.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join the team on an interim basis.
Role: Category Manager
Contract: Temporary for 3 months
Start date: ASAP
Purpose: To deliver a strategic procurement service for all participating Trusts on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories and contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets, ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits across the organisation.
- Proactively manages allocated categories
- Develop, implement, monitor and review procurement strategies for allocated categories
- Gathers and analyses comprehensive data on products and suppliers to support portfolio and category analysis
- General supplier relationship management
- Project management of the tendering process from initial scoping through to contract award
- Manage high value strategic sourcing projects
- Identification and management of risk throughout the procurement process
- Maximises use of National and regional contracts
- Continuous analysis and development of service/specification, through benchmarking and contract management
- Implements procurement action in full accordance with law and environmental requirements
- Experienced and proficient in OJEU legislation
If you feel you can add value to this organisation, apply now.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly