A Junior Buyer position has arisen for a global Business. Providing an excellent opportunity to grow and develop purchasing & supply chain ability.
A innovative Supplier to health care industry.
- Work closely with other departmental members of the new part introduction team to support the flow of information and documentation through the NPI approval process, and when required aid in the selection of suppliers / parts that ensures the cost, delivery and quality expectations are delivered.
- Maintain relationships with internal customers in the business to aid in the continuous improvement of the quality and service provided by the department
- Work closely with the suppliers in the supply chain promoting good working relationships through effective communication, with a view to maintain long term collaboration.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy of all product data / documentation uploaded onto the online workbench for managing new parts.
- Occasionally update and maintain the relevant product / supplier data within the internal IT databases
- Facilitate the team during urgent purchasing exercises relating to tenders and priority projects when required.
- Accurately update and maintain the relevant product and supplier data
- Attend relevant New Part Introduction meetings and ensure actions are complete prior to the previous meetings and notes are taken and distributed following the reviews.
- Negotiation and implementation of supply contracts that protect the business strategy.
- Identify and select the most appropriate supplier base for the business. This will involve the addition of new, and rationalisation of current suppliers in line with group strategy.
- Carry out duties in line with Good Distribution Practices (GDP) where required and to keep the company's Responsible Person(s) informed of all relevant developments
- 1+ year purchasing experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Data entry and management.
- Experience within a fast moving environment.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Working to targets and deadlines.