General Manager - National Distribution Centre
General Manager working with a retail giant to manage a new National Distribution Centre.
Our client is a premier 3rd party logistics provider who are leaders in warehousing, transport and value added services. This client works in partnership with some of the most prestigious retail, manufacturing and consumer businesses.
The General manager will have full responsibility for the operational and commercial service delivery for the National distribution centre. The general manager will have responsibility for Warehousing, Transport management (both in house and sub contracted transport), finance, continuous improvement, Change management
In addition the General Manager will have:
- Full P&L accountability (£25 million+)
- Responsibility for the engagement and development for over 800 members of staff
- Project management and continuous improvement development of the management population.
- Customer management / relationship development (contract/ performance reviews)
- Providing strategic direction for future developments
- The General manager will have opportunity to develop into an account director
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Management of large scale distribution centres delivering products to retail customers
- A CPC is preferable however transport leadership experience is essential.
- Management and creation of profit and loss accounts
- Contract / service level negotiation
- An enthusiastic approach exceptional customer service
- Proven track record of operating at a senior level within a complex, medium to large company
- Evidence of driving change management
- Experience in managing budgets and costs
- Experience and of continuous improvement methodologies would be advantageous
- Automation experience is advantageous
£70,000 to £85,000 plus Company Car, fuel card / Car allowance, generous performance linked bonus and excellent benefits including pension, healthcare etc