A national FMCG distributor is looking for a Transport Planner to join their professional outfit in Bristol.
Our client is an industry leader within FMCG storage and distribution. As a direct result of their growth and continued success, they are looking for a Transport Planner to join their professional team.
Duties of the Transport Planner will include:
- Responsibilities for routing vehicles within a fast paced, multi-drop environment;
- Planning vehicles, ensuring all consignments have driver cover and that incoming consignments are covered;
- Ensuring maximum profitability of each given route;
- Managing the departure times of trunks to the required schedule;
- Confidently liaising with Drivers when briefing and de-briefing them;
- Pre-plan work for allocation and loading.
- Previous Transport Planning experience with the Paragon transport planning system;
- Geographical knowledge of the Bristol and surrounding area;
- Computer literate on all Microsoft Applications;
- Flexible in regards to shift pattern;
- Confident telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Reside locally to Bristol
- Monday to Friday (must be flexible)
- Day shift position
- However, must be flexible to work morning, backshift and nightshift rotas
- £25,000 - £30,000 (dependant on experience)