Head of Data Science - Dynamic Advisory Major
Head of Data Science - Esteemed Advisory Major - Flexible Office Location - £75-85k + Excellent Benefits Package
Renowned for driving innovative technology solutions to their clients, this esteemed advisory major is seeking an ambitious Data Science expert to head up a newly-created arm of the business. Operating cross-functionally within their entire consulting practise, the successful individual will be immersed in the firm's client portfolio - creating & implementing new processes with a view to applying Data Science methodologies across all client engagements.
As Head of Data Science, You Will:
- Work with key internal stakeholders associated with new and existing business initiatives to understand and detail their business requirements
- Transform large, complex data sets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
- Apply state-of-the-art analytical methods like Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Neural Networking, Pattern Recognition, Recommendation algorithms to solve business problems and optimise outcomes.
- Research and develop approaches on how to improve business processes and improve customers' experience, by using our vast amounts of data.
- Conduct research and development activities, data exploration and discovery; develop prototypes, algorithms and proof of concepts, using leading data science and innovative Big Data solutions.
- Partner with data engineering teams to improve data as an asset of the business.
- Participate in detailed product analysis, customer segmentation, lifetime value analysis etc to drive insights, targeted strategies and communication.
- Develop internal A/B testing procedures to determine the effectives of different approaches.
- Build knowledge about existing and emerging technologies and techniques as appropriate to data science, and maintain a learning ethos.
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- Build and analyse key dashboards and reports.
- The candidate should possess a degree in a quantitative field like Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operational Research (or comparable studies)
- Experience working within the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive)
- Strong experience in statistical packages including R, Python(sckit-learn, pandas), MATLAB
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical model, in one or more of the following areas: logistic regression, pattern recognition, Neural Networks, Graph theory, machine learning approaches, optimisation routines, recommendation algorithms, predictive modelling.
- Experience in data presentation tools including D3, bokeh, Tableau, Qlik.
- Experience of using data to drive commercial and actionable insights for the business. Preferably, the candidate has experience in statistical models applied to telecommunication and media (or similar industries), such as network optimization and churn modelling
For more information apply directly through this page or send an up to date copy of your CV to jobsZI@bramwithconsulting.co.uk