Interim Procurement Specialist - Indirects
1st Executive are retained by a global, FTSE100 Manufacturing organisation - a true innovative leader in their industry and an excellent organisation to work for. The client are seeking an indirects procurement specialist to join their existing onsite team, working collaboratively with both buying and senior management in procurement to perform market analytics across a wide-ranging set of categories and areas of operation.
An excellent opportunity for someone with 3-5 years commercial procurement/buying experience, that's ready to take the next step into a larger, more challenging environment.
The indirects procurement specialist serves as the Procurement support for the Global Category Lead and business stakeholders. In this capacity, the individual is responsible for cost savings and value-adding benefit. S/he will help identify, select, and steward preferred suppliers for the corresponding business partners. The specialist interfaces with business stakeholders to support their project objectives as well as to identify and prioritise cost-savings opportunities.
In addition, this person will respond to supplier service and / or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company. The specialist will assist the global category lead to meet or exceed all budget deflation and productivity commitments for business projects.
- Cost Savings: The primary purpose of this position is to assist the global category lead to identify cost savings opportunities across the company.
- Team Work: Provide support to internal customers in collaboration with the Global Category Lead by assisting with the sourcing process and minimizing risk associated with contracting and procurement-related activities.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Serve as Procurement support for the Global Category Lead with responsibility for stakeholder project work.
- Interface with business stakeholders to support their project objectives in collaboration with the Global Category Lead and identify cost-savings and efficiency opportunities.
- Respond to supplier service and / or quality issues to mitigate negative impact on the company.
- Meet or exceed all budget deflation for business projects.
- Monitor and improve existing prices and service levels.
- Conduct Requests for tenders; negotiate contracts; use sourcing tools (i.e. bid processes, benchmarks, competitive market data) to drive savings etc.
- 3-5 years of buying experience preferably indirects as you will be primarily covering Marketing or HR Procurement spend categories.
- Experience in working with financial information to develop consensus and buy-in for data-based decisions.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.