Experienced Supply Planner required to work closely with Manufacturing to optimise stock levels & minimise resource costs for our manufacturing client in West Yorkshire. Great opportunity to develop your career in Supply Chain Planning. Interested?
The role of the Supply Planner is to ensure the Company’s stock profile is maintained to an optimum level, thus minimising resource costs in line with the Manufacturing Strategy.
As Supply Planner reporting to the Demand Planning Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creating Works Orders and Purchase Orders necessary to maintain their portfolio at optimum stock levels.
- Regular & routine maintenance of planning parameters, e.g. safety stock levels and lead times, for items within their portfolio.
- Optimising planning performance to best support team and departmental objectives (e.g. Component availability & stock budget).
- Through whatever means necessary, proactively expedite materials with both external and internal suppliers to avert disruptions to material availability.
- By gaining an understanding of the requirement for the component, proactively develop purchase and stocking policy for new materials. This will affect MOQ, safety stock etc.
- Management of product portfolio to minimise slow moving and obsolete stock values
- If required – optimisation: using Secant optimisation software to reduce material wastage during cutting operations.
- Co-ordinate delivery schedules for retail product with Transport, Manufacturing and Customer Liaison.
- Provide forecasts for internal and external suppliers to help in their own capacity and maintenance plans.
- Ensure that orders placed on internal and external suppliers represent an achievable volume and that delivery dates will be met.
You will have:
- Operational background within a large retail or manufacturing business
- Good IT Skills (Procast, Excel, Minitab, Crystal Reports)
- Application & selection of mathematical modelling techniques (trends and seasonality)
- Strong analytical skills & statistical analysis
- Demonstrable programme / project management skills
- Strong communication & influencing skills – able to use tact and sensitivity in obtaining information from others and ability to explain the business impacts.
- Strong teamwork and leadership
- working co-operatively with other teams, Team Leaders and Managers business wide, e.g. unforeseen urgent orders and amendments to quantities ordered or delivery dates.
- Negotiating the best possible service to the Company from direct suppliers, third parties and hauliers.
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Identify and implement potential solutions to supply problems.
- Highlight supply issues where a solution is not possible e.g. bought out product with a long lead-time, to the Demand Planning Manager
- Continually evaluating supply situations, ensuring all products available, at all times.
- Availability of contingency plans to resolve/minimise disruption e.g. manufactures FMC to avoid shortages.
- Ensure all items are in stock, at all times, with specific focus on ‘out of stock’ items.
- Inventory levels in line with ‘Inventory Days’ target & stock budget.
- Minimise plot wastage; meeting agreed percentage waste figures.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company in West Yorkshire and develop your career in Supply Chain Planning.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.