LocatED is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help meet the Government’s commitment to build new free schools, and help create 600,000 new school places by 2021.
Main Purpose of Role
To provide a professional compliant procurement service to LocatED, which adds value, delivers value for money and high customer Satisfaction. Responsible for managing all procurement activities for LocatED, including the provision of advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement, procedures, and contracts.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring a LocatED procurement strategy.
- Developing, managing and coordinating procurement processes ensuring compliance with LocatED’s strategy and OJEU procurement requirements.
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing contract and framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- Maintaining accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- Inputting into collaborative procurements being undertaken by The Crown Commercial Service, Education Skills Funding Agency and other government departments, ensuring that LocatED’s requirements and interests are fully represented.
- Supporting contract management and negotiation where required.
- Understanding technology and managing online systems such as e-tendering.
- Building and developing strong relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Creating a theme and culture of continuous improvement that reduces unnecessary waste and costs.
- Monitor central government procurement policies, business trends and regulations to determine the optimum LocatED policy.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS).
- Services procurement experience.
- Experience of effectively managing supplier performance under framework agreement arrangements.
- Track record of managing the delivery of excellent supplier performance.
- Knowledge of commercial and professional services category.
- Knowledge of EU and UK procurement regulations governing transaction by government bodies.
- Knowledge of the property, construction and engineering services category.
- Articulate and convincing when presenting information or ideas either orally or in writing.
- Strives to acquire a full understanding of business and needs to ensure proposed solutions are relevant and on point.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company will match up to 6% pension
- Opportunity to earn up to 10 % bonus
- Ability to work from home subject to meeting business needs
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
Please could you complete a covering letter and supporting statement to accompany your application.
Apply for Procurement Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly