Category Buyer | FTSE 250 Technology Brand | Surrey
This FTSE250 leading Technology company is looking for its latest wave of ambitious Procurement professionals ready to develop and flourish in one of the most renowned Procurement Teams in the South. Sound like you? You’ll need emotional intelligence, dedication and a passion for all things Procurement. In return, you’ll be guided and coached by some of the most respected leaders in the industry who will dedicate their time to your personal development. As a result, you’ll be given uncomprehensive responsibility spanning global projects and given visibility and opportunity to influence and liaise with key figure heads in the business.
As Category Buyer, you’ll help in developing a group of best in class procurement practitioners, through category management, and providing subject matter expertise to the Business. The team will be capable of challenging spend behaviours, influencing demand and ensuring best practice sourcing processes and decision-making are firmly embedded in each function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities
- Leverage the organisations scale through sourcing, demand management, and best practices through internal and external networking
- Implement robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes, ensuring metrics, governance, and actions are in place for continuous improvement
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend
Skills and Achievements:
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline is desirable, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or working towards CIPS qualification, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure
- Proven contract negotiation skills