Direct Buyer - Drive Train Components
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Direct Buyer - Drive Train Components
Salary: £37,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Childcare Vouchers, Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Hours: Full Time - 37.50
Travel: up to 25% to include Global travel
Relocation/Sponsorship: Relocation within the UK will be considered for the right candidate, sponsorship is not offered.
Closing Date: Friday 23 March
Job Reference: 180001R7
Building Construction Products (BCP) is a Global Division of Caterpillar Inc, dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites and in agriculture - Backhoe Loaders , Compact Wheel Loaders & Small Wheel Loaders. The Hosur facility in India sources from a world class global supply base to produce Transmissions for use in small construction machines.
The Small Drivetrain team is responsible for the Design, Development and Strategic Sourcing of Drivetrain components as an integral part of BCP Driveline Systems. The team is a multi disciplined group located in a number of Design and Manufacturing facilities across the division. The Sourcing team is accountable for the development and strategic management of a world class supply base with a key focus on early supplier engagement in product development to drive optimised Total Cost of Ownership.
As a Direct Buyer within this team, you will provide supply network solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development & Management focused activities to deliver maximum value for Drivetrain components and Electrification.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for development, communication and implementation of regional or global sourcing strategies
- Managing policies, agreements and special purchasing programs; and supporting specific New Product Introduction programs
- Provide leadership for sourcing, logistics and resource management decisions and ensure effective execution
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Provide Sourcing expertise for specific New Technology Innovations
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university or equivalent job relevant buying experience
- Strong job relevant buying experience showing progressive responsibility
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Fluent in English language
- Extremely strong negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form
- Functional leadership
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
- Previous experience of buying precision cast and machined components
- Previous electrical components purchasing experience
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Buying Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Supply chain Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer jobs in £40,000 - £49,999