Your new company
One of the UK' s largest, independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies - and we' re still growing fast. The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 50 years' experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
Your new role
As Procurement Buyer you'll be responsible for:
- Carry out all aspects of the procurement process in accordance within Group Procurement and Supply Chain Management Strategy, under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain Manager in relation to the following:
- Preparation of request for proposals and quotations utilising suppliers from the appropriate company Approved Suppliers Database
- Compilation of data relating to supplier responses, highlighting inconsistences and differences, presenting information and responses in a manor to enable evaluation.
- Carrying out supplier evaluations and recommendations for designated procurement exercises
- Conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers, for designated procurement exercises
- Leading and supporting final negotiations with selected suppliers to enable contract award.
- Raise Purchase Orders for all Materials and Plant Hire in line with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required.
- Work with and advise Project Teams on material specifications and alternatives where appropriate.
- Provide regular reports on procurement betterment and supplier performance.
- Attend site and office based Project Meetings as required.
- Monitor vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date details of available suppliers
- Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their product offerings.
- Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of customer requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency.
- Investigate and support the resolution of supplier invoice queries.
- Be aware of the Company's standing on Health, Safety and Environment at all times
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified to HNC, Level 4 CIPS or equivalent. An interest in studying towards full MCIPS membership is advantageous
- Previous experience of procurement processes within a construction related environment.
- A proven track record in negotiation, process compliance and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The role will require excellent analytical and IT skills, strong commercial awareness.
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday plus bank holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.