Your new company
A leading supplier of specialist construction materials, distributing throughout the UK, Europe and the Middle East. From ground works to the roof and everything in between, we deliver the full range of specialist materials to the construction industry.
A group turnover of circa £2.6 billion and with numerous branches here in the UK alone, a fantastic place to build your career.
Your new role
You will have responsible for forecasting, planning, co-coordinating, managing and running an efficient inventory level for a Hub and Spoke cluster of branches. There will be a strong emphasis on materials planning along with a close working relationship with transport operations, sales teams, ensuring the provision of a consistent, high standard of service to internal and external stakeholders..
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be responsible for analysing inventory data and interpreting trends using system tools to forward plan and take the necessary decisions to support managing inventory and the purchasing strategies.
- You will be managing and updating stock profiles across the branches, accounting for changes in customer demand and supplier suitability, working closely with the sales teams and Senior Management.
- You will also assist in the forecasting, planning and ordering towards purchase targets, to aid local and national rebate initiatives.
- There will be a strong emphasis on materials/stock planning, with a close working relationship with the transport planner/manager, the sales teams and branches, ensuring the provision of a consistent, high standard of service to internal and external stakeholders.
- You will also be able to to identify any system issues or potential areas of system development, to aid the operation and report on a monthly basis, detailing data from KPI's and events, exploring ways of maintaining or improving performance with the Head of Inventory.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for building a rapport with suppliers to maximise the level of service they provide together with monitoring and reporting supplier performance.
- You will need to be highly proficient in IT and analytical skills, including Microsoft Excel at an advanced level, and have good presentation skills, in order to maximise the role.
- Ideally you will have had some experience of an ERP system but full training on in house systems will be given
The ideal candidate will have very strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interpret data, and able to work in a continually changing environment..
Time management skills and ability to prioritise jobs are essential.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive rate of pay
- Opportunity for career progression
- On job training and development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Inventory Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly