The Estimating Manager is responsible for the estimating team and the strategic and operational direction of the Estimating function.
My client is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing and production operations.
The key responsibilities for the Estimating Manager inPeterborough are:
- Manage the team members in all aspects of supervision, performance and development
- Manage the relationship between Estimation team, Sales and Purchasing
- To actively participate in the management of various large enquiries and projects
- To perform an evaluation of estimates and ensure the provision of pricing in a timely manner
- To closely monitor the results of the quotes sent out regarding adherence to KPIs such as time to quote and conversion rates
- Manage the various queues relating to inbound queries including apportioning work where necessary
- Manage the sourcing of product
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Integrate and manage the functions and relationship of the Estimating department across the Goodfellow companies in both the UK and overseas;
Thesucessful Estimating Manager will have/possess the;
- Ability to influence decision makers and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a cross function team
- Ability to manage a diverse team with differing skills and aptitudes
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent numerical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Have experience within manufacturing and production.
- Must have the right to work within the UK and be willing to travel/commute to Peterborough.
The successful Estimating Manager will;
- Competitive Salary
- Direct Report to Operations Manager
- Progression within the business